1. Which source(s) of recruitment should a company use in case its permanent workers are temporarily absent?
(i) Direct Recruitment (ii) Placement Agencies
(iii) Advertising (iv) Labour Contractors
(v) Web Publishing (vi) Employment Exchange Choose the correct option:
(a) (i) (iv) (b) (ii) (v)
(c) (i) only (d) (v) only
Ans: (c) (i) only
2. A company, Kum & Go Limited is undertaking the selection process for its applicants. Its Board of Directors wish to seek some additional information regarding the past performance of some of the applicants. Which two steps of selection process can be used to obtain such information?
(a) Employment interview and Reference and background checks
(b) Selection tests and Employment Interview
(c) Reference and background checks and Job offer
(d) Job Offer and Contract of employment
Ans: (a) Employment interview and Reference and background checks
3. If you wish to plan for a year, sow seeds. If you wish to plan for 10 years, plant trees. If you wish to plan for a lifetime, develop people.’ Here, significance of one of the aspects of one of the function of management is highlighted. Identify the function of management.
(a) Planning (b) Organizing
(c) Staffing (d) Directing
Ans: (c) Staffing
4. Following are the steps of Selection Process, jumbled up. Arrange these steps in Reverse Order.
(i) Selection decision (ii) Contract of employment
(iii) Preliminary screening (iv) Selection tests
(v) Reference and background checks (vi) Employment interview
(vii) Job offer (viii) Medical examination
Choose the correct option:
(a) (vii), (ii), (viii), (i), (vi), (v), (iv), (iii)
(b) (ii), (vii), (viii), (i), (v), (vi), (iv), (iii)
(c) (ii), (vii), (viii), (v), (i), (vi), (iv), (iii)
(d) (vii), (ii), (i), (viii), (vi), (v), (iii), (iv)
Ans: (b) (ii), (vii), (viii), (i), (v), (vi), (iv), (iii)
5. Which step of staffing process includes defining job standards, appraising performance and providing feedback?
(a) Recruitment (b) Performance Appraisal
(c) Orientation (d) Training
Ans: (b) Performance Appraisal
6. Given is the list of various activities that are performed as part of Staffing function and/or to be performed by Human Resource Manager. Given that Staffing is part of Human Resource Management, some activities are exclusively performed by Human Resource Department, and do not come under Staffing function. Identify such activities that are exclusively performed by Human Resource Department, and do not come under Staffing function.
(i) Recruitment (ii) Job Analysis
(iii) Compensation (iv) Training and Development
(v) Maintaining labour relations (vi) Handling complaints and grievances
(vii) Legal assistance Choose the correct option:
(a) (ii), (v), (vi) and (vii) (b) (v), (vi) and (vii)
(c) (i), (ii), (vi) and (vii) (d) All of above
Ans: (b) (v), (vi) and (vii)
7. The work of matching of demand and supply of personnel is done by intermediaries. The following sources of recruitment function as such intermediaries:
(a) Employment exchange (b) Placement Agencies and Management Consultants
(c) Casual Callers (d) Both (a) and (b)
Ans: (d) Both (a) and (b)
8. The foundation of any organization is the talented and hardworking people, who are the principal assets of any firm. Therefore, believed that an organization can achieve its objectives only when it has the right persons in the right positions. Which function of management is highlighted here in the above lines.
(a) Planning (b) Directing
(c) Organising (d) Staffing
Ans: (d) Staffing
9. works as a tool of training the employees. It is a source of recruitment also. Identify it.
(a) Promotion (b) Transfer
(c) Casual callers (d) None of the above
Ans: (b) Transfer
10. Which of the following is not an external source of Recruitment?
(a) Transfer (b) Advertisement
(c) Employment exchange (d) Placement agencies
Ans: (a) Transfer
11. Which of the following option is correct?
1. Recruitment is a positive step.
2. Selection is a negative step.
3. Recruitment and selection both are part of staffing.
Choose the correct option:
(a) 1 is correct (b) 2 is correct
(c) Both 1 and 2 are correct (d) All are correct
Ans: (d) All are correct
12. refers to the learning opportunities designed to help the employees to
grow. It involves the growth of the individuals in all respect like personality, maturity, etc.
(a) Training (b) Development
(c) Education (d) Selection
Ans: (b) Development
13. Which of following method of recruitment would be suitable for selection of Senior marketing manager?
(a) Campus Recruitment (b) Direct recruitment
(c) Advertisement (d) Employment exchange
Ans: (c) Advertisement
14. A bank clerk is shifted from one department to another to have proficiency in different areas. Which method of training has been applied here?
(a) Internship program (b) Job rotation
(c) Apprenticeship program (d) Vestibule training
Ans: (b) Job rotation
15. Which of the following is not the correct difference between training and development?
(a) Training is job oriented whereas development is career oriented
(b) Training focuses on skill, whereas development on learning and growth
(c) Training is narrow concept, whereas development is broader
(d) Training is long term process, whereas development is short term process
Ans: (d) Training is long term process, whereas development is short term process
16. Which of the following is not part of Staffing but is part of Human Resource Management?
(a) Employee welfare (b) Recruitment
(c) Selection (d) Training
Ans: (a) Employee welfare
17. Which of the following are potentially better external sources of recruitment of an experienced Finance Manager:-
I. News Paper Advertisement II. Employment Exchange.
III. Web Publishing IV. Campus Recruitment Select from the following options:
(a) I and II (b) II and III
(c) II and IV (d) I and III
Ans: (d) I and III
18. Which of the following is potentially the best method of “on the Job training” for a newly recruited Bank Clerk?
(a) Apprenticeship Programme (b) Vestibule Training
(c) Induction Training (d) Internship Training
Ans: (c) Induction Training