1. Mahajan Imaging Centre co-founder Ritu Mahajan thought of patients anxiety and stress and related impact of Hospital Interiors on the same.
“When you are coming in for an MRI or PET-CT, you are obviously not in the best of health, and making you wait in dull clinical surroundings just adds to the stress,” she says. Such a view is held by many managers working in different organizations. At the Apollo Hospital in Navi Mumbai, everything from the private room doors to the lobby and reception areas have been styled a Ger luxury hotels – elegant furniture, plush lighting, art on the walls, dark wood, open spaces and warm colours. The attempt is to provide an environment that is relaxing.
(I) Which step of one of the function of management is being reﬂected in
Ritu Mahajan’s statements?
(II) Identify which type of the management function identiﬁed in part I has been adopted by Apollo Hospital in the above case, in order to ensure maximum customer satisfaction.
(a) I – Identifying alternatives, II – Strategy
(b) I – Developing premises, II – Strategy
(c) I – Selecting an alternative, II – Programme
(d) I – Developing premises, II – Programme
Ans: (b) I – Developing premises, II – Strategy
2. An organization hires an employee after he appears for written test, personality test, trade test, interview, reference checks etc. On this basis, if he gets selected then his ﬁnal pay package is decided. Which type of plan is talked about?
(a) Policy (b) Objective
(c) Strategy (d) Procedure
Ans: (d) Procedure
3. Which of the following statements about objectives is correct?
(a) It should not clarify the desired result
(b) It enables achievement to be measured
(c) It need not specify the time
(d) It needs to be laid only in business organisations
Ans: (b) It enables achievement to be measured
4. The Funky Fashion Group has a learning campus which has a prescribed way of performing tasks. It is comprised of an online portal. The online learning campus includes self-paced learning activities, video content and group learning activities accessible to all the employees. It provides resources that support learning while doing, social and collaborative learning and in-person learning activities. Such peculiar ways of learning saved time and efforts and increased efﬁciency. Identify the type of plan highlighted in above para.
(a) Procedure (b) Strategy
(c) Method (d) Objective
Ans: (c) Method
5. Pradhan Mantri UjjwalaYojana (PMUY) was launched by PM Narendra Modi on 1 May 2016 at Ballia, Uttar Pradesh. The scheme was launched with a target of providing LPG connections to 50 million below- poverty-line families in three years. Which speciﬁcations of one of the type of plan(which serves as guide to overall planning) are highlighted in the above example?
(a) They are set by top management.
(b) They are expressed in quantitative terms
(c) They have to be achieved in a given time period
(d) All of the above
Ans: (d) All of the above
6. Match the following:
Part A Part B
1. Strategy (a) deﬁnes boundaries with in which decisions are taken
2. Method (b) deﬁnes company’s directions and scope
3. Policy (c) deﬁnes best way of doing the task
Choose the correct option:
(a) 1. (a) 2. (b) 3. (c) (b) 1. (b) 2. (c) 3. (a)
(c) 1. (c) 2. (a) 3. (b) (d) 1. (a) 2. (c) 3. (b)
Ans: (b) 1. (b) 2. (c) 3. (a)
7. “Any employee found logging to any social networking site in the ofﬁce will
be penalised”. Identify the type of plan.
(a) Policy (b) Strategy
(c) Procedure (d) Rule
Ans: (d) Rule
8. Following are the steps of Planning Process. Arrange them in correct sequence:-
(1) Developing premises
(2) Identifying and evaluating the course of action
(3) Setting objective
(4) Evaluating alternative courses Select from the choices given below:
(a) 3, 1, 2, 4 (b) 1, 2, 3, 4
(c) 1, 3, 4, 2 (d) 4, 2, 3, 1
Ans: (a) 3, 1, 2, 4
9. Which one of the following is a standing plan ?
(a) Policy (b) Budget
(c) Project. (d) Program
Ans: (a) Policy
10. Which function of management is concerned with setting objectives and developing appropriate course of action to achieve the objectives?
(a) Planning (b) Controlling
(c) Organizing (d) Stafﬁng
Ans: (a) Planning
11. PM Narendra Modi recently re-iterated his government’s commitment to One Rank- One Pension(OROP) Scheme. The OROP envisages a uniform pension for defense personnel who retire in the same rank with the same length of service, irrespective of the date of retirement. Which type of plan is it?
(a) Strategy (b) Policy
(c) Single use plan (d) Programme
Ans: (b) Policy
12. Match the situation in Part A with the type of plan given in Part B.
PART (A) PART (B)
(A) Broad contours of an organisation’s business (i) Budget
(B) Plan that quantiﬁes future facts and ﬁgures (ii) Rule
(D) Desired future position that the management (iii) Objective would like to reach
(D) Speciﬁc statements that tell what is to be done (iv) Strategy Choose the correct option:
(a) (A)-(iii), (B)-(i), (C)-(ii), (D)-(iv)
(b) (A)-(iv), (B)-(i), (C)-(iii), (D)-(ii)
(c) (A)-(iii), (B)-(i), (C)-(iv), (D)-(ii)
(d) (A)-(ii), (B)-(iv), (C)-(iii), (D)-(i)
Ans: (b) (A)-(iv), (B)-(i), (C)-(iii), (D)-(ii)
13. is pre-requisite for controlling.
(a) Planning (b) Directing
(c) Organising (d) Stafﬁng
Ans: (a) Planning
14. A supervisor shared an idea with production manager to produce the goods with an innovative technique which can increase production at minimum cost but was discouraged by asking him to concentrate on his work assigned. Which limitation of planning can be identiﬁed in the above situation.
(a) Planning is time consuming (b) Planning is expensive
(c) Planning does not guarantee success (d) Planning reduces creativity
Ans: (d) Planning reduces creativity
15. Match the keywords with the related plan
A. Chronological steps 1. Rules
B. Endresult 2. Policy
C. Broad guidelines 3. Objective
D. Penalty onviolation 4, Procedure
Choose the correct option:
(a) A-4, B-3, C-2, D-1 (b) A-4, B-3, C-1, D-2
(c) A-3, B-4, C-2, D-1 (d) A-2, B-1, C-3, D-4
Ans: (a) A-4, B-3, C-2, D-1
16. A company planned for 10% increase in sales but found that the actual sales increase was only 5%. It then revised the next years target to 7% increase. Which major beneﬁt of planning does this bring out:-
(a) Planning provides directions.
(b) Planning facilitates decision making.
(c) Planning reduces the risk of uncertainty.
(d) Planning establishes standards for controlling.
Ans: (d) Planning establishes standards for controlling.
17. The future plans of a company manufacturing and marketing smart mobile phones were based on the assumption that the demand for these phone will pick up in the medium to long term. Which important step in the Planning Process does this statement highlight?
(a) Developing Premises. (b) Setting Objectives.
(c) Identifying alternative courses. (d) Evaluating alternative courses.
Ans: (a) Developing Premises.
18. Which of the following is a single use plan?
(a) Objective (b) Policy
(c) Rule (d) Budget
Ans: (d) Budget