1. All departments and individuals are interdependent and they have to depend on each other for information to perform their activities. The activity of each department needs to be focused on attainment of common organizational goals. The process of linkingtheactivities of various departments is accomplished by this aspect of management. Which signiﬁcance of the aspect of Management is highlighted in the above lines?
(a) Functional Differentiation (b) Coordination
(c) Management (d) Management as goal-oriented process
Ans: (a) Functional Differentiation
2. All departments and individuals are interdependent and they have to depend on each other for information to perform their activities. The activity of each department needs to be focused on attainment of common organizational goals. The process of linking the activities of various departments is accomplished by a concept. Identify the concept.
(a) Coordination (b) Management
(c) Organization Structure (d) Top Management
Ans: (a) Coordination
3. The term denotes a function, a process and is cross-disciplinary in
(a) Organizing (b) Stafﬁng
(c) Planning (d) Management
Ans: (d) Management
4. A production manager was able to produce the desired output with minimum cost but not within the required time. In this case the manger was:
(a) Effective only
(b) Efﬁcient only
(c) Both effective and efﬁcient
(d) Neither effective nor efﬁcient
Ans: (b) Efﬁcient only
5. Which of the following statement best explains the “Management is an Art”?
(a) Two managers deal with the same problem differently.
(b) Management has drawn its knowledge from other disciplines also.
(c) No formal qualiﬁcation is required for the appointment as a manager in
(d) Outcomes of managerial actions cannot be predicted accurately
Ans: (a) Two managers deal with the same problem differently
6. Match the example in column I with the function in column II:
Column I (Example) Column II (Function)
(i) Matching outcomes with targets A. Planning
(ii) Objectives B. Organizing
(iii) Resources for implementation C. Directing
(iv) Recruitment and training D. Stafﬁng
(v) Supervision and motivation E. Controlling Select from the following choices:
(a) (i)-E ; (ii)-C; (iii)-D; (iv)-A; (v)-B (b) (i)-E; (ii)-A; (iii)-C; (iv)-B; (v)-D
(c ) (i)-E; (ii)-A; (iii)-B; (iv)-C; (v)-D (d) (i)-E; (ii)-A; (iii)-B; (iv)-D; (v)-C
Ans: (d) (i)-E; (ii)-A; (iii)-B; (iv)-D; (v)-C
7. ‘Management is performed in terms of solving problems, making decisions, establishing plans, preparing budgets, assigning responsibilities and delegating authority.’
Which dimension of management is highlighted here?
(a) Management of work (b) Management of people
(c) Management of operations (d) None of the above
Ans: (a) Management of work
8. Which of the following is NOT an organizational objective of management?
(a) Proﬁt (b) Running créches
(c) Survival (d) Growth
Ans: (b) Running créches
9. “It is sometimes considered as a separate function of management. It is implicit and inherent in all functions of the management.” Name the term referred in the above statement.
(a) Efﬁciency (b) Co-operation
(c) Effectiveness (d) Coordination
Ans: (d) Coordination
10. Management, as systematic body of knowledge may be said to be a matter
of ......... and their creative application may be regarded as ......... .
(a) Profession and science (b) Art and science
(c) Art and profession (d) Science and art
Ans: (d) Science and art
11. ‘The effect of management is noticeable in an organization where targets are met according to plans, employees are happy and satisﬁed, and there is orderliness instead of chaos’. This sentence illustrates which characteristic of Management?
(a) Management is all pervasive
(b) Management is an intangible force
(c) Management is a group activity
(d) Management is a dynamic function
Ans: (b) Management is an intangible force
12. Which of the following is NOT a characteristic of a profession?
(a) Service Motive
(b) Restricted Entry
(c) Based on Practice and Creativity
(d) Well deﬁned body of knowledge
Ans: (c) Based on Practice and Creativity
13. Your grandfather is working in an MNC as a chief operating ofﬁcer. At what
level of management is he working?
(a) Middle level (b) Operational level
(c) Supervisory level (d) Top level
Ans: (d) Top level